Monday, March 5, 2012

Let's Catch Up.... Shall we?!!!!

Hi all!  I know, I know, it's been a while since we talked... (uh... since like last year in November, but who's actually keeping track, not me!!)  Let's see... oh yes... I had made cards for Veteran's Day, and a few of us from the Albuquerque Angels did go and hand deliver those to our Veterans in the Veteran's Administration Hospital here in town.  WOW!!! What an experience, and a delight to get to talk with each of them.  Such courage and honor they display, and they all said they would do it again!  Amazing people that I was lucky enough to meet that day!  Our Angels put together over 4,000 cards for 2011 that were sent out to our troops.  I think that is just awesome for a small handful of people to accomplish!  Bravo for us!  Then... of course the holidays hit, you know Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... and of course made a few cards for those too.  I also joined a Stampin Up club in December that meets once a month, and we do a card swap for that, which has been a ton of fun.  But whew... then I had a whole bunch of birthdays mixed in there as well as a baby shower too!  My mother's birthday is two days before Christmas, (this is her card)...and...



a friend in January, a friend in Febuary (this is her card because she loves a good soak!!)....
 
and...
my dad's birthday a week ago.

Cards for men have not been my forte as of yet... as I struggle with what to put on there, but hey, he loves fishing, so I guess what more do you need besides a pole, a caught fish, potentially more fish, and blue skies above!!   Well, that catches us up to this week.  Oh I forgot... there were a few other creations in there as well...

Baby shower fruit picks, and some tags....

So... the Rubber Stamp Convention is Saturday here in town, and I'm so excited... I did get two entries in for Saturday's card contest "Friendship."  Fingers crossed I win!  I'll give you a tiny sneak peek-ish of one of the cards...
I will post the full pictures of both next week and let you know how I did, and you can let me know what you think.  And now... we've come to my daughter's upcoming birthday on Sunday.  Ideas are flowing, and I must get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it!