Thursday, March 29, 2012

Convention Fun!

So had a blast at the Rubber Stamp Convention here in town!  But... I didn't win the card contest with either of the "friends" cards I entered. (Boo hoo!!)  I was glad I entered though and it's a good way to push oneself.  Atleast I was proud of what I entered, and not embarrassed (whew).  You never know, there are a lot of really talented people out there!  







Speaking of... my friend Ronni won first place with her entry!  It is a great 3D card that was very vintage.  My favorite!  I also got to see lots of great card examples and new techniques for things.  It's fun to do the make and takes.  Oh if I only had a million dollars!  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! There is no possible way you should be embaressed about these 2 gorgeous, creative cards! And I just LOVE the bathtubs jeweled bubbles! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you sooooo... much Diana! I really appreciate the positive feedback and you're taking the time to stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I like your jeweled bubbles and the sprayed ink on top of the butterflies. Nice colors.
    I think its great that you put yourself out there. That is how you learn and get better. And you are right, there are so many talented people out there. Their art is great inspiration. Keep creating and having fun.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate for your kind comments! I appreciate it so much! The sprayed alcohol ink on top of the butterflies was a venture into the unknown as it was on top of Reynolds aluminum foil! It kind of muddled the butterfly image, but I still went with it, because I thought it came out rather vintage! Again, thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it!