Sunday, November 23, 2014

So.... obviously I have a wee bit of catching up to do (and explaining of my blog absence)!  Life hit with a slam bam in 2013.  A very rough year for me and my family with knee surgery for myself, and multiple major health problems for my brother.  We almost lost him three separate times.  He had a major stroke, as well as multiple heart surgeries throughout that year and was in the hospital/rehab from mid March to mid November.  However, I am happy to say he pulled through, and is back in his own home now.  Life is different for him now than before his health crisis, but he is managing and I hope with time will thrive.  Now this year my father has had a few hiccups in health of his own, and is pending a knee replacement, but also doing okay now.  As for me this year, health is good, but just got done doing a 5-month remodel on a house we purchased for a rental, which turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself!  Whew!  Okay, so we're all caught up.  My last blog post was about the annual rubber stamp convention here in town, and me not winning.  The following year, entered cards in the contest and they got lost in the mail at the PO box, and didn't make the judging, BIG bummer.  But this last convention, well... guess what?  I entered and won second place with this card!

The theme was African Safari.  I made the binoculars out of toilet paper tubes and black duct tape!  I also entered this card....
and the theme was "food for thought!"  I really, really liked this card, but nope didn't win a thing with that one.  Can't wait for this next year's convention... maybe I could win first place!  What fun that would be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it!